Standards and CertificationsQuick Links
Steamatic Restoration & Cleaning takes pride in being one of the best trained and educated restoration teams in the nation. When you hire a restoration team for your home or building, there are a few things that you should ask about before signing a contract!
Question 1: Are you IICRC Certified? By becoming IICRC certified, a restoration company is setting a quality standard for itself and it’s employees. The IICRC is generally considered the national standard for how to operate on jobs ranging from carpet cleaning to catastrophic fire or water losses to mold damage. If a company isn’t IICRC certified, then you should probably pass and hire someone else
Question 2: Are your technicians IICRC certified? This is also VERY important! Many restoration companies will certify their firm, but never put the people actually doing the work through the IICRC training. The more people on the team that are certified, the higher the likely quality of work will be. At the very least you should ensure your superintendent or lead technician is certified.
Question 3: Are you registered with my insurance company? While the insurance company can not tell you specifically who to use after an emergency, having a team that is already registered with the company can make a huge difference in how the loss is handled. Registered vendors will usually be familiar with how the insurance companies handle the loss, and can guide you through common issues and concerns more effectively. At the very least they should be able to get you into contact with an adjuster faster or know what work is pre-approved so that you can begin restoration sooner! If the restoration team is able to pass these three questions then it becomes a gut choice about whether to bring them on board. Are their technicians clean and professional looking? Is their van or truck in good condition? Small clues gained from the technicians look and attitude can give you a great deal of insight into how the loss will be treated.
- WRT - Water Damage Restoration Technician
- AMRT - Applied Microbial Remediation Technician
- SRT - Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technician
- OCT - Odor Control Technician
- HST - Health and Safety Technician
- RRT - Carpet Repair & Reinstallation Technician
- CCT - Carpet Cleaning Technician
- UFT - Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning Technician
- Journeyman Water Restorer
- Journeyman Textile Cleaner
- C#1664 – Professional Sewage Cleanup & Remediation
- Restoration Industry Association Certified Firm
- RIA – Contents Restoration
- Total Contentz - Contents Recovery by Barb Jackson
- Claims Training Services - Successful Subrogation I
- OSHA – Forklift Operator
- NADCA Certified Firm (National Air Duct Cleaning Association)
- ET&T - Moisture Mapping Seminar
- ET&T – Mold Remediation in Buildings
Steamatic Restoration & Cleaning is dedicated to surpassing the “industry standard” when it comes to restoring a loss. Our company motto is “Restoring Lives and Property” and we mean it, in that order. A loss is more than just your stuff, and it’s more than just your building. It’s your LIFE. We know that it’s the little things that can make the biggest difference after a loss. It’s restoring a family heirloom, getting your work clothes to you next day, or getting your business up and running as fast as possible. It’s getting your daughter her favorite teddy bear after a fire so she can feel better, even if it’s not at home. It’s helping your office find temporary work space or being able to restore the computers holding all those valuable project files. Steamatic Restoration & Cleaning is dedicated to restoring Lives and Property!